The European Flying Disc Federation (EFDF) is pleased to announce that its institutional and founding assembly as the Continental Association of the World Flying Disc Federation (WFDF) for Europe was held on Wednesday, 23 July 2014, in the city of Lecco, Lombardy, Italy, on the occasion of the 2014 WFDF World Junior Ultimate Championships (WJUC).
EFDF´s aim is to provide a forum for all European Flying Disc sports and to represent these towards the European public-sector and sports institutions, in particular the European Olympic Committees (EOC) and the institutions of the European Union.
Eight European member associations of WFDF attended this meeting: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland. In total EFDF counts 32 member associations in 31 countries.
The assembly elected their first statutory Executive Committee and Board of Directors:
- Thomas Griesbaum (GER) - President
- Andre Kruse (GER) - Vice President
- Amandine Constant (FRA) – Secretary
- Paul Eriksson (SWE) – Treasurer
- Jana Vejmelkova (CZE) - at-Large Board Member.
The Board of Directors is completed by the ex-officio members representing the Flying Disc sports in Europe as at-Large Board members:
- Andrea Furlan (AUT) for the European Ultimate Federation (EUF)
- Pedro Vargas (POR) for the Beach Ultimate Lovers Aassociation (BULA-Europe
- Paul Francz (SUI) for the European Disc Golf Federation (EDGF)
"With the institutionalization of EFDF all Flying Disc sports have taken a further important step to develop in Europe. We are very proud to contribute now formally the European part to WFDF´s efforts to receive the permanent IOC recognition“, commented EFDF President Thomas Griesbaum.
Further information: www.efdf.org .